Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Collective Drugstore Haul!

Hey guys, happy new year! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year and had a really good time over the holidays. I will do a Christmas haul but I'll probably conjoin it what I get for my birthday next Wednesday. I am really sorry about my long absence from blogging but I am back and so excited! Today I have a collective drugstore haul for you guys, I have obviously bought a few things over the last two months and I'm gonna show you it! I will be doing a more in depth review of some items in separate months! Also I am in no way trying to brag at all nor am I sponsored in any way.


Makeup Revolution

Everyone on blogs everywhere talks about Makeup Revolution and I thought I'd give them a try! I will be trying out some more as it's so cheap and it is great quality! I picked up the Redemption Palette Romantic Smoked as it had some gorgeous purpleish colours and plenty of mattes as well! The colours swatch well when you get them on your fingers but then when you swipe them across your arm to swatch they're a bit powdery. At £4 the pigmentation is beyond amazing and the colours are so gorgeous! I also picked up the Pro Fix Amazing Makeup Fixing Spray for £5 and is probably the best sized drugstore setting spray I've found. MUA's one is the same price and only 60ml and Collection's is £1 more and only 18ml! This spray didn't leave any marks on my foundation and it was nice and light and felt so cooling to my skin. It kept my makeup in place well too! I would say it's a rival for the Urban Decay one! Lastly I purchased the Focus and Fix Eye Primer for £2 and oh my god I love it! My eyeshadow stays in place and looks so good! One of the best primers I have used.



Max Factor

Max Factor were doing a deal where if you spent £15 you got a free makeup set with an eyeshadow, a mascara, a lipstick and a nail polish. I love mascara so I thought I would purchase some of Max Factor's as it's such an iconic brand and as it's quite pricey for drugstore (or maybe I'm just a bit cheap), I thought the set was a good deal! I picked up the Eye Brightening Tonal Black Volumising Mascara for green eyes and I like it. I honestly don't know if it brightens my eyes but it's really nice! I also got the Masterpiece High Definition Mascara and the packaging is so gorgeous! It does give good definition but a bit more length would have been nice if I'm honest. In the set there was the False Lash Effect Mascara in the waterproof version and the black/brown shade. I haven't really used it but I'm going to do a separate review on this set! A Colour Elixir Lipstick in Cherry Kiss was included and it has such a gorgeous packaging. It's a nice red as well with a bit of pink in it and it's quite classic in my opinion. The nail polish was a Glossfinity one in the shade Raspberry Blush and while I haven't tried it out, swatches look gorgeous and glossy. Lastly from Max factor is a Wild Eyeshadow Pot in Golden Amazon. It's a gold shade but it's somehow matteish if you get me. It's nice though and good for a special occasion.

Sleek

Okay MASSIVE Sleek haul here. When I was working in cosmetics I saw a nice box of Sleek products that all together was £30, 7 products for £30; I was so excited and had to purchase it. I'll be doing a more in depth review of this kit or maybe even a brand focus on Sleek! In the set you got an Eye & Cheek Palette in See You At Midnight which has only really two blushes so it's not super diverse. There's not tonnes of looks you can create with this but it's good pigmentation. Next is the |Molten Metals Highlighting Palette which has some really nice cream highlights and a powder highlight. The box also includes instructions for it which is quite nice though some shades are a bit too sparkly even though it's a highlight! Their iconic Storm Palette is also in the set which is twelve shadows and has a good mix of colours and amazing pigmentation. The blush trio included is so beautiful! It's the Pink Lemonade one and has two powder blushes in the shades Icing Sugar and Pink Mint (new favourite blush) and a gorgeous cream blush in Macaroon which has an amazing staying power and blends so well! Next is the Big Fat Lash Mascara. I used this once and wasn't impressed but I might try it as I have seen decent reviews on it. You get a lipgloss from the Gloss Me range in Hawaii Honey and one customer came in to purchase the kit after seeing the gloss was included! It's a pretty peach colour and has a bit of sparkle to it. The set also includes a brow kit in dark which is my holy grail so I was happy to have a back up. However you'll hate this if you have light brows. I purchased a Matte Lipstick in the shade Russian Roulette and it's a nice dark red and I really like it.

Gosh

I haven't seen a lot of Gosh Cosmetics stuff being reviewed but they were doing a spend £8 and get a free mascara of your choice and I thought why not? I purchased a BB Cream in Sand and it's very moisturising which I love! It provides decent coverage as well and it doesn't oxidise. It also includes SPF15. This is definitely in a lazy day makeup collection! I picked up the Growth Mascara which promises longer lashes in two weeks naturally and the mascara is obviously also meant to do that haha. I liked it and it gave me decent definition. I'm not sure if it'll make my lashes grow but it was free and doesn't suck!

Bourjois Color Edition 24H Creme to Powder Eyeshadow in Prune Noctune

I kinda want to stop wearing black eyeliner on my waterline but hate how I look without makeup on it and I thought this would look good on the lashline and it does. It's a gorgeous plum colour and it's such a beautiful texture and stays on so well! Love it!

L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint in 100 Porcelain

Another cream to powder formula. This foundation is really watery and I have had to find out the hard way a little goes a long way! It's a little orange tinted and has no pump so it's difficult to apply. It feels so lightweight and fresh on my skin and it is so nice!


B. Prepared Illuminating Primer

I love a dewy finish and while my Bourjois Happy Light primer was okay, I didn't feel my skin was super brightened. This stuff brightens your skin and is so nice and doesn't feel greasy at all! I really like it and it's a good purchase. Will be trying out plenty more B. products in the future.

Rimmel Extra 3D Lash Mascara

This was £4.99 cause it's new and I thought I would give it a go. The brush is very thin and I haven't been blown away but maybe I need to keep trying it out.



Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Believe the hype surrounding this brush it is well deserving of it. Nice and dense and can really blend and apply foundation and concealer. Definitely a new favourite of mines! (also is anyone kinda bummed Real Techniques are bringing out their "premium" line and prices are similar to MAC? I thought they were meant to be affordable for everyone!) 




So that's it for this haul! I will be back with plenty of posts I promise. Thanks for reading guys!

Erin

X



2 comments:

  1. What a great haul, lots of goodies. I have never seen the deal for the maxfactor stuff that sounds amazing to me. I got a few deals on Barry M and Rimmel over the Xmas time. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love a good haul! Ooh I will check it out!!xx

      Delete